Date: 26th March 2018
Reporting Time: 9am
Enough of holding your fire… This year Esperanza-2018 is giving you opportunity to participate in battle of brains. YES!!! We are talking about CONTRAPTION-18… Here you need to prove your mettle by thinking beyond the imagination to make these simple tasks more complex. So, activate your grey cells, unlock your imagination, let the innovation take the lead, and showcase the capability of your brain… Because, hey, this is Battle of Brains…!!!
Date : 26th March 2018
Venue: PRMITR Campus
Entry Fees:₹ 500/- For 3 Members
₹ 200/- For Extra Members
No. of Team Members: 4 to 8 Members
1st Prize : RS 15000
2nd Prize : RS 10000
3nd Prize : RS 5000
PROBLEM STATEMENT: You have to build a contraption which should have compulsory task and at least three intermediate tasks.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1) Each team will have to setup their contraption in 6 feet * 6 feet area.
2) Each team will have 4 to 8 members.
3) Team will be allowed only 5 hand touches. (Manual interventions)
More than 5 manual interventions will result in disqualification of team.
Also each hand touch will minus 50 points from your score.
4) Each team will be given 1 hour setup time before the event starts.
5) Contraption must take more than 45 sec and less than 7min.
6) Contraption must be of at least 10 steps.
7) Final task/compulsory task must be performed without any hand touch.
Team which hit the target using a hand touch will be disqualified.
8) Each team will have to perform the contraption in one run only.
9) Judges’ decision will be final and bound to all.
10) Minimum 35 dominos.
Less than 35 dominos in your contraption will minus 50 points from your score.
1) Every team should report 2 hours before the actual time of event. 1 hour will be given as a setup time.
2) The steps must not involve hazardous explosive chemical reaction. Such a step will lead to disqualification of the team.
3) Team should maintain the discipline within the campus.
4) Judges’ decision will be final.
1) Compulsory task carries 100 points.
2) Each intermediate task carries 70, 50 or 30 points.
3) Points will be given according to your abstract. So, abstract should cover all the links/steps and energy conversions (with well labeled diagram).
4) Each step will give you 10 points.
5) Mechanical energy conversion carries 10 points.
6) Other energy conversions (e.g. Electrical, Sound, Light, Heat, etc.) carry 20 points.
7) Use of renewable energy sources like wind, solar etc. will give you 50 points.
8) Use of any of the following technique also carries 50 points - hydraulics, laser, optics, solar cells, microcontrollers
9) Each hand touch will minus 50 points from your total score.
10) For innovative contraptions judges will award bonus points out of 100 accordingly.